- Family Planning - a comprehensive service is available. Advice on contraception including the pill, coil, implant fitting, provision of free condoms and emergency contraception. Our doctors and nurses will be able to give you advice and treatment at a routine appointment.
- Antenatal Care - we provide routine ante-natal care with our Community Midwife on Tuesday mornings.
- Baby vaccinations - with our Practice Nurse.
- Vaccinations - routine and travel vaccinations for all ages are available during surgery times by appointment with our nurses. Travel vaccination may be recommended prior to travelling abroad. It may be necessary to start a course of injections several weeks before your planned departure date. Please see one of our Practice Nurses in sufficient time to organise your vaccination schedule. Travel vaccines are not provided by the NHS and there is a charge for this service. More information is available on the above tab.
- Flu vaccinations - we run flu vaccination clinics in October and November; please ask at reception for further information.
- Asthma - regular check-ups and advice from Practice Nurses on lifestyle, inhaler techniques and medication.
- Minor surgery - clinics are held at the practice for removal of certain skin lesions, in-growing toenails, joint injections etc. Appointments are arranged by the surgery
- Diabetic - we invite our patients with diabetes to attend for a review at least once a year. These clinics are held by Dr Orr and appointments are arranged by surgery.
- COPD - regular check-ups and advice from Practice Nurses on lifestyle, inhaler techniques and medication.
- Hypertension - our Healthcare Assistant undertakes regular blood pressure reviews, supported by our team of nurses and doctors.
- Cervical Screening - recommended for women aged 25-50 at 3 yearly intervals. From age 51-65 screening is 5 yearly. Patients receive recall letters by post and following their smear test will receive the result by post. Our Practice Nurses carry out cervical screening routinely and our female GPs are also trained as smear takers.
The practice provides services under the following areas of the Quality and Outcomes Framework
- Coronary Heart Disease
- Heart Failure
- Palliative Care
- Mental Health
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Learning Disability
- Primary Prevention
- Peripheral Arterial Disease
The practice also provides the following additional services as part of the Quality and Outcomes Framework.
- Cervical Screening
- Child Health Surveillance
- Maternity Services
If you require any vaccinations relating to foreign travel you need to make an appointment with the Practice Nurse to discuss your travel arrangements. This will include which countries and areas within countries that you are visiting to determine what vaccinations are required.
There is further information about countries and vaccinations required on the links below
|Europe & Russia||North America|
|Central America||South America|
|Middle East||Central Asia|
|East Asia||Australasia and Pacific|
It is important to make this initial appointment as early as possible - at least 6 weeks before you travel - as a second appointment will be required with the practice nurse to actually receive the vaccinations. These vaccines have to be ordered as they are not a stock vaccine. Your second appointment needs to be at least 2 weeks before you travel to allow the vaccines to work.
Some travel vaccines are ordered on a private prescription and these incur a charge over and above the normal prescription charge. This is because not all travel vaccinations are included in the services provided by the NHS.
Some services provided are not covered under our contract with the NHS and therefore attract charges. Examples include the following:
- Medicals for pre-employment, sports and driving requirements (HGV, PSV etc.)
- Insurance claim forms
- Passport signing
- Prescriptions for taking medication abroad
- Private sick notes
- Vaccination certificates
The fees charged are based on the British Medical Association (BMA) suggested scales and our reception staff will be happy to advise you about them along with appointment availability.
If submitting a claim form, please allow up to 4 weeks before collection.